Friday, May 05, 2006

Who turned the lights out??

Yesterday turned into quite an interesting day.

I was happily chatting away on the phone, when all of a sudden, everything went silent... Everything! The computer went kaput, the dishwasher and washing machine stopped mid-cycle and my favourite band stopped playing half way through their best guitar solo.

It took me a few minutes to dig out the phone book and find the Electricity Board's telephone number and when I finally got through (on my mobile because the house phone relies on electricity to work), was put straight onto their automated messaging system. Apparently, there had been a 'problem' with one of their high voltage cables and the whole of the town and surrounding villages within an 8 mile radius were now without a power supply.

Later in the afternoon, I optimistically walked down to the Post Office, only to find it, and most of the shops, shut.

It's amazing how much we rely on electricity. Dinner was a salad - thank goodness it had been the hottest day so far this year!

I struggled to knit by candlelight until 11pm. Looking at it in the cold light of day, some of it needs a little 'corrective treatment' - *cough*

Having no power yesterday gave me the opportunity to block something that has been in the 'finishing off' box.

Enjoying a pre-sunbathing soak


A spot of sunbathing



Detail



I am sending it to the US in a few days for this

One last picture coming up for you today...Bungle, my other cat got a bit upset that I didn't put her picture on my blog...so here she is, getting ready for bed.



Night, night x

3 Comments:

Blogger annarella said...

Welcome to blogland Gill :)

Good luck with the competition, but I just got to say that your scarf is so beautiful, I wouldn't have the heart to part with it... hope they will return it along with the price, that is :)

xx

6:20 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh ..I'm cat-napping now ..that is my dream cat apart from co-ordination problems.Poor Gill that sounds like some day .I on the other hand found "The Works" does have shimmer type yarns for £1.00 ..but not many good colours and I found the pattern of a lifetime on K.C.G Trading...a shell shall by errrrr someone ! I shall phone them Monday even if just for the pin-up .

6:21 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

sorry no alcohol involved ..." a shell shawl" ..that is hard to say !

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home