Monday, May 08, 2006

Cast on, Kast Off..

Remember the lace scarf I started the other day? It is no more. I liked the pattern, yarn and everything about it, but having had it sitting on my desk by me whilst I worked, it dawned on me that there was an awful lot of yardage in that ball of silk and it deserved to become something a little bigger.

It has returned from the Frog Pond and is now going to be a 'River Stole' designed by Evelyn.A.Clark (you'll need to scroll down a bit).

I started with the provisional cast on



and have now got this far.



I haven't been able to work on it since Friday as I was a little distracted over the weekend.

After an early start on Saturday, I headed off to deepest Norfolk to join Kast Off's one day workshop with Debbie Abrahams.

We were working on designs from her third book and I wanted to improve my intarsia as I always manage to get holes in it! I had a really great time. Thank you to Sarah and Jean for making me so welcome and also for the magnificent catering throughout the day.

Here's the obligatory group photo



My block - just need to finish the last few rows but have run out of background yarn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Gorgeous shawl ,I phoned them for the shell shawl pattern which also has a waiscoat pattern.I shall want to get straight on with it and musn't until the giotto shingle wrap is finished..like the square too .

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home