Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Can Resist Everything But Temptation

One of my favourite quotes by Oscar Wilde, and so true! The lure of a new project finally got the better of me yesterday and I started on my Exchange gift. I had originally thought that I would knit the cables in another colour, but I got in such a tangle and wasn't happy with how it was turning out so ripped it back after 4" and started again.

This time I am using two strands of Alpaca and it's growing well, but not without having found a wrong cable.

I hadn't noticed it when I took this picture and had knitted to the end of the first pattern repeat.



There was nothing for it but to take the offending cable out



I then began the task of putting it right and could have done with at least one extra pair of hands!




Job done.



Excuse me whilst I go and lay down in a darkened room .....

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Gill you are a genius...I can't even imagine doing that ..as I can't cable in the first place ! angie

4:45 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

My word - I can't believe you managed to undo that section of cable and re-do it - I wouldn't know where to begin - where do you learn to do something like that - these are the skills we need to know about ?

I love your knitting - you are very prolific and it's all fabulous. Keep on blogging !

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I can say is WOW...my knitting tends to be so tight that it makes fixing problems such as your very difficult!!! You inspire me to do more corrections!

www.craftyorcrazy.blogspot.com

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home