Saturday, June 09, 2007

At Last, Some Knitting to Report....

You would not believe how busy I have been over the last few weeks. Time to knit has become a very precious commodity and I'm pleased to say, I'm still getting a bit done.

I had this arrive a couple of weeks back - some Fleece Artist Aran Alpaca.

It is so soft and a fast knit on 5.5mm needles. I finished off sewing the ends in a short while ago and need to gently block the edges so that they don't roll as much. All in all, it took 6 evenings to knit and it fits!


This is how it is supposed to look...


I've also joined the Rowanette's Exchange and have started on part of my gift. When the Panda Cotton arrived, I knew this would be the perfect yarn for my recipient. I can't tell you who she is, but here's a quick peep at what's on the needles for her.


I love the knitted fabric, but it is really painful knitting for me! My hands are screaming by the time I have knitted for about an hour, so progress is going to be a little slower than normal.

I had hoped to make this,
but the yarn I ordered hadn't arrived and then I got an email saying that there was not as much as I had bought available when they came to pack my order 10 days from the date I bought it!! Bearing in mind that this then still had to travel from the US to here (another 10 - 14 days), I thought I had better start the socks in the mean time.

I couldn't resist showing you this....


...Zippy warming her tum in the glorious sun we are having today!

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

LOve that jacket , I've been eyeing up a F.A jacket and an I.L. pattern for a garter and drop stitch jacket . I don't think I'll start either until autumn . Love that moggy ! angie using Holly's I.D .

7:00 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, just look at that cat! Ours is black and has just been flopping around in any shade he can find! The socks are a lovely pattern.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that yarn. It looks gorgeous and the jacket looks great. And the socks are just stunning.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home