Sunday, May 28, 2006

Paisley or Peacock?

I was very torn as to which way to go. A smidge more yarn arrived in the post that was ordered with Peacock in mind.



It's a little finer than I thought it would be and what the pattern suggests, plus it needed winding and I was itching to cast on. It's shown next to a strand of Silkwood Sock Yarn.



Paisley won the toss, but it was very close.

It's coming along faster than I thought it would and I'm really enjoying this. The yarn is lovely to work with and whilst it's not the softest I've used, it has a beautiful feel to it.

By the end of yesterday evening I had finished the first repeat (five more to go) and went to bed feeling rather pleased with myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Nice!! I have the Peacock pattern (and am intending to use Peacock colour CTH lace from you) but am also yearning after the Paisley pattern too (and have some Lorna's Laces for that)... Am looking forward to your Paisley progress!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger annarella said...

The yarn looks rather yummy, I'm so impressed by how stunning the shawl looks... I'd be scared out of my wits to try something soooo complicated! :)

Good luck x

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home