Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I Don't Think I'm Going To ...

... finish Icarus - that is!

I've just got time to pop my head above the pile of work I have here to show you how Icarus is coming on -

I have 10 rows of the last chart, the edging rows and the cast off to do, but am pretty sure I'm not going to have enough yarn to finish.

The remaining yarn weighs 6gms and my head hurts too much (from a weekend of stock taking and VAT) to work out how much I'm going to need to finish off.

Please send me your suggestions as to what I can do to get this finished... I think my options are to
a) Rip back to a repeat less of the body and re-do the charts that have taken me the last 2 weeks to knit
b) Figure out if I can use something else to finish the last few rows
c) Cast off now
d) Start a new project!!

Thanks guys - back to rolling around in lots of luvverly yarn (ahem, stock taking).....

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Erm... except I sent her it, and I only dyed the one skein.... Argh!! I'm so sorry, Gill - it was definitely labelled with the same yardage as the suri they use for the sample!

If you wanted to detach the 6g from the shawl and post it to me, I could wind off some more of that yarn (I have another three skeins, more than enough to knit the square shawl) and try and match the colours over the weekend? I'd be only too happy to try, and was intending to do some dyeing anyway!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home