Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Mate Monty....

Monty is my favourite dog and is staying with us whilst my sis is on holiday. The cats aren't too sure about him, but he's been staying with us for as long as we've had them. Monty lives with three cats at his 'real' home and to watch him groom himself, you'd think he was really a cat!

It was a lovely afternoon, so as part of my getting fit for 'Race For Life' in a few weeks time, we set off on a 4 mile walk this afternoon. It was glorious! We came across some wood violets...


...these reminded me of my mum and some of the walks we used to go on when I was younger. We came across quite a few other wild flowers, but my camera batteries decided to die after this picture so you're let off more nature pics for today!

On the knitting front, I've finished my Monkey Socks and love them.


Yarn - Cherry Tree Hill Potluck Supersock

My 'Easter Egg' this year was a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Silk. I've been longing for an excuse to give this a try and finally succumbed to some.


I've decided to knit the Maple Leaves Scarf with it, mainly because it was the only pattern that I could find with the right yardage. I cast on last night with a 3mm needle which is a whole size down from what the pattern recommends, but is the size recommended for this yarn and by this evening had got this far...

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Mum and I think Monty is truly gorgeous ,so are the socks.

12:28 PM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Love the monkey socks!

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home