Monday, August 07, 2006

Baudelaire

Today's the day Liz and I start our little knit-along. We both fell in love with these socks when they appeared in the latest Knitty.



I've chosen a really subtle colourway for these as I think anything too wild will lose the effect of the pattern. The yarn is Fleece Artist Merino Sock yarn and the colour is 'Rose'. I'm using 2.5mm Brittany 5" dpns as my weapons of choice.

These socks start with a figure of 8 cast on (they are knitted toe up) which I have never done before, but wasn't too hard.







I'm now working on the increases and should hopefully get to do at least one pattern repeat this evening.



PS Does anyone have any idea why there are so many fish sites cropping up in my computer's History???

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

"What do think Holmes?" ..."Elementary my dear Watson" ."Look closely at the keyboard there is a whisker ,a whisker I think you will find belongs to the Felix species" .

7:07 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Hi - was just checking in to see if you'd started... I'm using Fleece Artist, too! Will blog photos in a minute...

7:28 PM  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

So you haven't seen the mice ones.... and the Nepeta cataria order.....

Like the socks, cant make them yet I seem to only have multi coloured wool... perhaps I'll have to buy some more ;-)

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home