Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back to Earth

I've finally got both feet firmly on Terra Firma after my recent jaunt to Zog! Boy are those painkillers strong - but hey, they do the trick. My doc also confirmed my worst fears that it is Gout - at 44??? Apparently it becomes more common in post-menopausal women, and before we have a case of T.M.I (Too Much Information), we'll get back to the knitting content of this blog!

Progress is being made on the Hanging Garden Shawl now that I can see straight. I've removed the stitch markers between the edging markers as I was having to shunt them back and forth depending on where the decreases were and this wasn't doing anything for the flow.



I'm using Cherry Tree Hill Merino Lace in Green Mountain Madness colour. The beads are Mill Hill #6.

Other news - Helen got her Art GCSE result today and she got an 'A'. I'm really proud of her especially as she has taken this exam a year early.

Where's Wally?

Last night I forgot to shut the sunroof and windows of my car. Guess who had a thunderstorm and torrential rain at 4am this morning? I didn't give it a thought until I went to take Dave to his doctors appointment this morning and got a wet behind. It has meant that I've spent the day driving this whilst mine has dried out - the hardship!



It turns out he's torn a ligament in his shoulder and may have to have surgery to put it right. He's got an appointment at hospital next week, so we'll find out them. In the mean time, as well as the girls being on school holidays, Dave has been signed off work for 2 weeks! Anyone want a lodger??

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Sorry to hear about the gout, anything you can do to help yourself? Congratulations on your daughter's art result .

7:28 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

You can come visit me any time, Gill! :-) Of course it's a loooong flight (or series of flights) from you to Okalahoma. Wait, were you talking about sending Dave away? LOL!!

Congrats to your daughter for her "A!"

Your Hanging Garden is just luscious!!!! Can I steal that for a blog button?

2:40 AM  
Blogger annarella said...

The shawl is gorgeous, what's that thing you've pinned it to? A tiny blocking board?

Congrats to your Helen!

Hope you feel better :)

x

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home