Thursday, July 06, 2006

Two Steps Forward...Three Steps Back...

That's exactly what has happened this evening. I have been going great guns with the Kimono Shawl and sat down to knit this evening to find that I had to undo most of what I knitted yesterday evening. It's taken me until now to find where I went wrong and get back to where I was when I started! I'm not going to show you the non progress, but have decieded to dig out something I made a while ago.

I hadn't done any colour work for years and went on a one day workshop at my local John Lewis last summer to freshen my memory. It was a great day and I learned how to knit Fair Isle using both hands to knit at the same time! (Right hand knits normally, left one Continental). It was easier than it sounds. Anyway, here is what I was inspired to go on and knit....



Detail



I also dashed out after the thunderstorms we had this morning to take a couple of piccies of my tubs that I planted earlier this year. You'll have to scroll down a little.

I can't believe how much they've grown - they now look like this!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home