Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Birthday.........To Me!!

Is it me or do birthdays seem to come round a little faster each year? I'm 44 today and can't believe it! I still feel as though I should in my 20's (okay that's probably stretching it a little - early 30's then).

I've had a lovely morning so far - was woken at 5am by Bungle meowing like mad at me. My present from her was a freshly caught headless mouse gently placed on the duvet next to me..eeeewwww!

I have had flowers and home made cards from my girls,





hubby bought me some of my favourite perfume and the complete series 1 - 6 of The West Wing

My friend Margie popped round early to give me these - the scent is divine!

FOR TESS - THESE ARE THE STOCKS!!!


and I gave myself these two books



Knitting Nature caught my eye when it was mentioned by Yvonne and I thought it warranted a closer look. It is my sort of book and I can see myself using it a lot.

The Kimono Shawl is progressing nicely.



I managed to get a fair bit done yesterday, but because I'm using straights I needed to take a break every now and then so didn't get as much done as I'd hoped.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wye Sue said...

Happy Birthday :-)
Hope you have a relaxing day and the yarn birthday fairy is good to you ;-)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh goodness there's me chatting to you and not realising ! So a rather belated "Happy Birthday" .I love those stocks ,what beautiful colours.Enjoy "The West-Wing" ...I love C.J and Leo .Best wishes, angie ,Holly and Jeff.

5:34 PM  
Blogger annarella said...

A belated happy birthday Gill!! Love the knitting book you've given yourself, will need to find it locally and have a browse, it's meant to be rather good.

Hope you had a good one xx

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home