Saturday, June 17, 2006

30 Things.....

...about me.

I've seen this on a few other blogs lately and thought I'd see if I could come up with my own list.



1. I always buy just one bunch of Sweet Williams around this time every year - they remind me of my mum.

2. I am the second eldest of four girls. My dad wanted boys and got us instead!

3. I have had a fairly diverse range of jobs over the years ranging from a Florist, General Nurse, Midwife, City and Guilds Tutor to my current job.

4. Of the 500+ babies I delivered when I was a Midwife, only one was named after me.

5. I delivered a baby in the back of a Mini, in a car park, in the middle of the night.

6. I am Godmother to 34 children.

7. In the last 2 years I have died twice during surgery.

8. Death doesn't scare me any more.

9. I have been married twice and both times I have been a second wife.

10. I passed my Driving Test first time after just 10 lessons and no practise.

11. I have written off one car after I skidded on some black ice and ended up in a ditch.

12. I can't ride a bike, roller skate or ice skate as something odd happens to my sense of balance when I try to do any of these - it is great to watch though!

13. I was born on the same day in the same year as Tom Cruise.

14. I hate shopping - unless it's for yarn.

15. I have been knitting for 35 years (ouch).

16. My favourite food is Strawberries.

17. My favourite film is Shadowlands with Anthony Hopkins.

18. I can only swim a short distance and am terrified if I get out of my depth.

19. My favourite place to be when I'm not at home is a fantastic hotel called Strattons. My husband takes me there for the last weekend before Christmas every year.

20. I love motor sport and spent my 21st birthday at a banger race and my second honeymoon at a drag strip.

21. I love cooking.

22. The only foods I really dislike are Olives, Grapefruits and Aubergines. I don't do shellfish or offal either.

23. I have to have a cup of tea first in the morning before I can start to function properly.

24. I have an allergic reaction if I eat chocolate!

25. I could quite happily live without a TV in the house, but would be lost without my music.

26. I used to play the violin (Grade 4 if you want to know).

27. I met my husband (second one) purely by chance and discovered very early on that we both used to go to the same family (who live miles away and are not related) for tea when we were children. My uncle also used to cut his hair when he was a boy.

28. I've never had my own teddy bear.

29. I don't give up easily - too stubborn or stupid to know when to quit!

30. I found this harder than I thought it would be.

There you go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

It is hard ,I made it to ten ! Sweet Williams and Lupins I love as we always had them in the garden when I was little .That cup of tea ..it's the only thing that wakes me up .In fact I'm off to make a second !

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home