Thursday, June 29, 2006

What a Week!

I'm still slightly reeling from the last week.. I was away for most of the week with work and came home on Saturday evening to find my eldest had been not too well for the last six hours. Not normally a problem, but she is Diabetic and this sort of thing can upset the equilibrium.

Sunday morning arrived and she was still being unwell so I called the out of hours doctor who advised me to take her to the Childrens' Ward at our local hospital about 15 miles away.

Within 15 minutes of us arriving, she was whisked into their H.D.U (like Intensive care for children), attached to a drip and had 1.5l of fluid over 45minutes to try and correct her dehydration aswell as being connected to a heart monitor and several other machines.

I knew she must be feeling rotten as she didn't once complain (unusual for a 15yr old)! Needless to say, work was put on hold whilst I spent long days in hospital with her. She came home on Tuesday evening and I have been playing catch up ever since.

I have knitted lots over the last week - I started my Diamond Fantasy Shawl in Halo (Dreamtime)



I also started on the Kimono Wrap from Folk Shawls (hospital knitting) for my father-in-law's lady friend in this
colourway Marshgrass and it's so easy to knit with. Normally I don't enjoy the harshness of knitting with cotton, but this is silky smooth and is knitting up a dream!

I'll try and get some better pictures for you all.

I even tried a cable cast on (I'm normally a long tail thumb cast on 'gal) and have to say I am pleased with it so far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh goodness Gill a mother's nightmare.I do hope she is better .I love the colours of that shawl .After such a shock you should take it easy ,best wishes angie ,Holly and Jeff.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

Hope your daughter is getting better.
Thanks for showing diamond fantasy - now I have to cast that on straight away ;-)
You encourage too much !!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home