Friday, November 17, 2006

The Sock Yarn of Doom...

I've spent a pleasurable week knitting with my Socks That Rocks yarn. It is lovely yarn to work with and very soft - definitely on my wish list of 'Yarn to Get More of'.

It's a shame the patterns I've been working with have been so pants - or rather my attempts at the patterns!!

Attempt 1 - Flamewalker Socks - the pattern is lovely, but the stitch count made the colours pool really badly so having got as far as the first pattern repeat, I ripped it out and looked for something else. Did I take any photos? Couldn't find my camera at the time so no 'evidence' I'm afraid.

Attempt 2 - Ripple Wave Socks by Charlene Schurch in Fall '06 edition of Vogue Knitting - This is a meaty pattern and definitely one to get your teeth into! (apologies to any vegetarians out there). The yarn was behaving nicely, the colour distribution was perfect. I got to the end of the third repeat and discovered that I'd started on the wrong row of the pattern about 1/3 way from the start. I ripped back a bit too vigorously and couldn't pick the stitches up.

Attempt 3 - Wendy's Generic Toe up Feather and Fan Sock Fingers crossed!! Let's see what we can turn this lot into

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Blogger just ate my comment ! Anyhow as a non-sock knitter I can still sympathise as I see those spaghetti like pools of frogged yarn we all have those.The "Spanish Moss" is gorgeous b.t.w .I love those colours .

7:53 AM  
Blogger RoxyK said...

Ooh STR - I just love it! Can't get enough :)

Love the socks you just finished BTW - I don't do xmas knitting either - in fact I never knit for anyone else! Too much grief.....

Was lovely to meet you at the AP show on thurs - even though you did give me a fright. I've been meaning to stop by and say for ages. You know what its like...

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home