Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Steady On!

This must be a record - TWO finished items in a week!!

My ISE scarf is now drying out in the conservatory being closely monitored..



I decided to try my new toy, some blocking wires from here



Armed with my trusty tape measure and peg bag, I gently inserted (shoved) the wires along the edges and top and bottom of the scarf - after it had soaked for 20 minutes. The pegs were to clip it to my clothes airer as I want to make sure that it will dry to the same width all the way along.



I've never used Silk Garden before and was surprised at how much the fabric has softened and 'bloomed' since it's little bath earlier.

Zippy, on the other hand, has barely moved from her 'new' bed in the last 3 days apart from the occaisional light snack, comfort break and fisty cuffs with her sister!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Just love that scarf...silk-garden isn't as soft as Kochoran but it has a real glow. I shall be trying out my Silk-Mountain this week.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Those colours are beautiful, Gill, and I'm tempted by the wire method of blocking. I imagine it would work pretty well too for that delectable shawl in the latest Interweave - the Swallowtail, with those divine points? What a lovely cat. I really must make individual quilts for my dogs. Time, time, time...
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home