Monday, September 18, 2006

Home Sweet Home...

It's been a long 24 hours. Helen and I got back home from hospital a couple of hours ago, tired but glad to be home. Her op went much better than expected and was less complicated which we were both pleased about. The biggest inconvenience was the effect it has all had on her Diabetes, but we should be back to normal in a couple of days.

Thank you to everyone who send their good wishes and positive thoughts.

I took a rare day off on Saturday and shot up the M1/M6 to the Knitting and Stitching Show at the NEC. I met up with Sarah and Jean from the Kings Lynn group I visited earlier on this year for a coffee (within minutes of getting there). I also caught up with Liz, met Fred and missed Sue!

As everyone else has said, it must be the quietest show I have ever been to. I wasn't too impressed with the inflated parking charge (£7) and the cost of the ticket (£12), but managed to bring home a couple more goodies for the stash.

More sock yarn from Anna at Web of Wool - I can't go to a show and NOT buy sock yarn



Some hand spun mohair also made it home (with some 4ply that had been dyed at the same time)



detail



and some of the softest baby alpaca and silk

2 Comments:

Blogger Wye Sue said...

Glad Helen's op went ok.
Sorry to miss you at the NEC, I'm in Exeter for the rest of the week if you want a longer drive ;-)
Looking forward to Ally Pally !!!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

aye that yarn be as fine as a well trimmed sail on a breezy day, and the colour do remind me of the water of the caribee.

Pleased ta hear that ya young wench be back in good health from the saw bones.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home