Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Warning!....Knitting content!!!

I have finally emerged from a pile of knitting done over the last week! It got to last Thursday and I suddenly remembered that I was supposed to be having a stall at a local craft fair. After the realisation that I had very little to sell, I spent the next 48hrs knitting like a thing possessed.





This is a scarf knitted in Fiesta Chinchilla - a gorgeous 100% Silk Chenille. It used one skein and I'll be making this into a kit for Christmas.

I then made the 'Famous Shawl', again in Fiesta Yarns, but this time 'La Boheme'





A few more scarves were also made but I forgot to take pictures of them before they were sold.

I finally managed to get my Lace Swap parcel in the post and now just have to think of what I'm going to knit for my International Scarf Exchange pal. I shall start on it at the weekend as I shall need something to keep me busy - Helen has to go into hospital to have a tooth removed under General Anaesthetic. The dentist tried to take out a broken tooth a few weeks ago and it broke off at gum level. It's going to be a bit nerve wracking as it is the first time she's had an operation. Because Helen is Diabetic we have to go in on Sunday afternoon so that they can put up a drip and Insulin pump as soon as she is not allowed to eat and drink before the op in order to stop her from going hypo.

With a bit of luck she should be back home Monday evening, but her room is booked for the night, just in case she's not up to eating and we can't get her blood sugars back to normal. I think I'm more nervous than Helen!

The Hanging Garden Stole is making good progress and I'm feeling tempted to get going on Paisley again. There is something to be said for having several projects on the go at the same time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home