Friday, September 22, 2006

Finished!

I finished this for Helen yesterday afternoon and she seems pretty pleased with it. It's not often that she asks me to knit for her so I know that she'll wear this one!



Pattern from Hipknits; yarn - not quite 2 x 75gm skeins of 100% Cashmere

If I make this again, I'll tweak the pattern a bit as it seemed a little vague in a lot of places. It could have done with a few more shapings here and there to make sure that the sleeves fitted a little better when it came to sewing up, and the final project feels unfinished to me - perhaps a crocheted edging around the back of the neck.

I adapted the decreases on the fronts so that I always decreased one stitch in and also knitted two together though the back of the stiches on one side so that the decreases were pointing in the right way! I'm a bit AR when it comes to things like this, but like to see things finished properly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Ah now there's one Holly would like ,lovely colours too.

6:25 AM  
Blogger annarella said...

It's VERY pretty! So satisfying when a request turns out so good. Big round of applause to you!! :)

I know what you mean about the neckline, I would do a little edging, but that's just me, I can't stand to see an unfinished neck.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home