Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Knitting Keeps You Sane - Discuss...



I'd be lost without my knitting. It definitely keeps me sane and is the best form of relaxation I know. I started knitting my scarf for ISE3 whilst Helen was in hospital. Before we left, I'd already got half way through it.



It's the Grape Hyacinth Lace Scarf from pieknits and I'm using Noro Silk Garden #232.

I will definitely need my knitting to help me through the next few weeks. Another very close family member has had a diagnosis that needs further investigation and treatment. I can't say any more than that at the moment, but I will be knitting like a thing posessed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

As I'm not sane in the first place it's hard to say ! It does help heaps though and that scarf is glorious. I hope it's no-one immediate Gill ...I'm worrying with you now.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

My thoughts are with you
*hugs*

10:38 AM  
Blogger AnneKaelber said...

Gill, here's wishes from my corner of the US for a healthy future for your close family.

Anne.

3:50 PM  
Blogger annarella said...

Hope everything turns out alright, warm hugs to you and your family member.

PS: The colours of the scarf are super!! :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Wye Sue said...

I had a complete stranger call me a mad knitter during the Exeter show so I cant say about being sane... but it does stop you from being 'normal' and uninteresting.
Hope all goes well with the tests, it's the fear of the unknown that is the worst and the waiting for the paperwork to get to the right place..... please dont start another lacey thing for me ;-)

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home