Sunday, October 22, 2006

Busy, busy...

After my last post about various disasters I'm pleased to report that

*I have finally got a new digital camera for the second time in the last 2 weeks and have just managed to get everything talking to each other after wrongly installing something that caused a wee bit of mayhem on my computer. It's a good job Dave knows how to fix things!!

*My traumatised lace project that got sucked up the vacuum cleaner is now safely back on the needles. I will have to get going on this again as I have too many WIPs at the moment.

*The saga of the printer went on for a bit longer as the 'replacement' arrived with the toner cartridges in it (suspicious) and when we tested it found that they they had nothing left in them. Dave called the company we got it from and made someones ears bleed. We eventually got our money back and have bought from a different company exactly the model we wanted AND IT WORKS!!

*The faulty kit I needed for last week arrived as promised, Monday morning and my dry cleaning was re-done before I went away.

The only issue left was the B&B which was truly awful!! I thought that as it was 3* it would be okay. How wrong could I be - the wardrobe smelled of skunk pee so I wouldn't hang anything in it and the carpets were sticky. The pillows were so flat that I needed 3 to get comfy and the rest of our experience staying there is not repeatalbe in polite company.

Yesterday evening was the first time I've been able to sit and do some knitting for at least a week. It's brown and boring so rather than show you that, here's a couple of my favourite shots from last week!



5 Comments:

Blogger Wye Sue said...

Glad things are improving.
What did you do to surprise that cat ;-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Knitting@number9 said...

It wasn't me it was Dave and it involved a curry the night before!!!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh my goodness..it involved the curry huh? That is gonna take some working out!!!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Holly says it's obvious that expression says "I'll never share the vindalloo again"

2:34 PM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Gosh - when I wrote my email I didn't realise the variety of troubles you've had recently. I was serious - if there's anything I can do just let me know? After all that it seems a bit shallow to admit that while reading until I saw the news about your DH it was the 190 st to pick up on your lace knitting that made me wince. Hope you managed to recapture them all x

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home