Saturday, July 14, 2007

Finished - and started!

My Rowanette gift is now finished - all I have to do is parcel it up with a few other goodies and send it to my victim! I don't think I will be tempted to use this yarn again for a while as I found it quite 'splitty' and it was pretty painful knitting for me.


I started something for myself last week -

It's a design from Jane Ellison's Queensland Collection that sadly isn't available in the UK (even though Jane is a UK designer). I'm using the same colour and yarn, which again is not available here. The yarn is gorgeous -Uruguay DK - a Merino, Alpaca and Silk mix and holds the stitch definition well.

Here's a progress shot - I start the sleeve shaping in a couple of rows time.


I'm getting a little behind with MS3 :-(

I've not quite finished clue 1 and clue 3 came out yesterday. We're off to a wedding later today, so I'm hoping to try and get at least clue 2 finished tomorrow...

Here's my progress so far

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure your "victim" will think they're wonderful. The jacket looks very nice, such a warm, comforting colour and clear stitch definition, like you said, it's a shame about not being available here. Isn't it always the way? Grrr.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Arianwen said...

The socks are lovely and I adore the cardigan the colour is just right for miserable days to bring a smile to your face.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Hawkesley said...

Your socks look so pretty. Sorry to hear the yarn hurt you whilst you were knitting with it. Which pattern did you knit? I wouldn't mind knitting a pair for myself :-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Tusa said...

Minnie looks like a good challenge. I look forward to your progress on this and MS3. Lovely socks too.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful socks. And I love that cardigan.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home